E-commerce web hosting is a type of web hosting that is 100% geared towards those small to large business websites. Ecommerce is not optional if you are going to be selling products online. You may not always want to go with the cheapest ecommerce web hosting you can find. Very often you get what you pay for. However, you can most likely find a good ecommerce web host for a very affordable price, you just need to do your homework.
- Shopping cart – A shopping cart online is exactly what it is in reality. It is the ability for customers to put items in a “cart” while they continue to shop. The customer can then pay for all of these items at once using some sort of merchant account or a program like PayPal and so on.
- Advertising credits – When you have an ecommerce website you are going to need to market it and get the word out. You want as much advertising as possible and free is always good. There are many websites that will allow you to build ads and then you pay for them either when you have them placed on a website or whenever someone clicks on them. One of these companies is Google AdWords and another is Yahoo! Marketing. Most good eCommerce websites now offer vouchers or credits for a certain amount of credit at these kinds of companies. The more the better so make sure you compare closely.
- Product catalog – You need the ability to upload and enter product information so that when a customer is at your site they can easily navigate your product line and read information regarding each particular product. One careful thing to watch for is that some sites will limit the amount of items you can have in your in your catalog so make sure they offer enough for what you now sell and what you may potentially grow into.
- SSL – The data encryption stands for Secure Sockets Layer. This is what allows you to do business transactions securely on the Internet. Your customers will rely on you to provide them with nothing less than the best security so that their information remains private.
- Support – It is a good idea to make sure that you will get support for things like your inventory program and sales reports. The more data you have on what sells and what doesn’t or what your customers are looking for and interested in, the better you can build your business to meet the needs of visitors.