Running a business can be stressful enough. The last thing you need is to have hassle after hassle when it comes to choosing the best merchant account. Not only do you need reliable services from your merchant account provider, you need them to esentially be a business partner. It is crucial for most business owners to have a merchant account so that you can accept credit cards from your customers.
Just a few things to consider before you decide which merchant account company you are going to go with.
- Get to know other business owners and ask them who they have for their merchant account. Ask if they like their service and why the do or don’t. Get as much information as possible.
- Look up the companies that you are looking at online and at the Better Business Bureau. This is your money they will be dealing with after all. Make sure that they are reliable and honest and don’t have complaints against them.
- Consider what you are willing to pay. When business owners realize how many online solutions (like accepting payment through PayPal) there are for businesses that are only online based it would be ridiculous to pay more than is needed.
- What services are included: Are there statements at regular intervals and is there a statement fee? How does customer service communicate with you? What are the procedures for charge backs? Are there hidden fees or fees that you can avoid?
- Ask smart questions and find the best merchant account for you.
There are many reviews on merchant accounts. We think that most people would be happy by choosing Charge.com. They offer great services for competitive rates. They are customer service oriented and know how to serve your needs.